Thursday, October 25, 2012

New blog, first post!

"To me, every hour of the light and dark is a miracle. Every cubic inch of space is a miracle." Walt Whitman

Finding that miracle is why I paint, no matter if it's a figure, a landscape or an illustration for a children's book. My intention for this blog is to share my journey, both present and over the past 30 years as I have sought to observe my world and translate my perceptions into pictures. It covers a range of experiences from illustrating movie posters and children's books to painting en plein aire in the hill towns of Europe. Right now it's a little scattered in it's format; we'll see what evolves. To begin, I will be posting Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. I'm interested to see where this takes us.

An illustration for a proposed children's book called Bounce

A painting from a trip to Spain

No comments:

Post a Comment