Tuesday, May 27, 2014

Sonoma Plein Air

On a whim, I applied to be a participating artist in the Sonoma Plein Air Painting event. This past week I received notification that I have been accepted. So in September I will be in beautiful Sonoma County painting away. I don't know too much about it and have never done one of these events before. However, I was just reading Terry Miura's account of his experience a few years ago which makes it sound pretty good. As a result of this, I will be doing as much plein air painting as I can over the next months. Here are a couple I've done this week.

This first one, I tried something compositionally that didn't work out so well; the placement of the post in the center. However, I do like the sense of light and atmosphere.



 This second one is some silos in the early morning, not far from my house.


No comments:

Post a Comment