Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Re-entry Strategy

After not working on a painting for awhile, it's often hard to get back into it. Such was the case with this one. I had the common problem of looking at it in my studio and thinking, I want to get going on it but I need to wait until I have enough time and energy to do something substantial. That of course, never works. I finally decided to sit down and spend a half hour and make notes of what needs to be done to make progress. This was a do-able thing. I made a little sketch to see what i could do about the left side that bothered me, I also started making a list of of movie titles as I wasn't happy with what I had. After a half hour, I had enough to get me going. The following day I started painting.


Here is the current state of the painting


 Here are the previous stages.


No comments:

Post a Comment