Wednesday, November 7, 2012

2 Little Paintings

This Saturday I will be participating in Fall for the Arts, an arts festival in Scottsdale. I will be painting out on Main Street (it will be blocked off from traffic) with a number of other artists. Then, in the evening, I will be doing a demo at the Scottsdale Artist School for the Beaux Arts celebration. Since I don't want to mess up, I decided to try a couple dry runs.

I will be doing something like this for the Fall for the Arts. (I scouted out the site on Main Street but couldn't find anything that inspired me) so I decided to do a painting of an old restaurant we used to go to when I was a kid in LA called Philippe's. Go there sometime and get a double dip pork french dip sandwich. Be careful of their mustard, it's very good but real hot.




I added the old car because this place always reminds me of the forties.
People from my painting class will recognize this; a preliminary study done in 4 values.



For the Beaux Arts, I'm going to do a still life along this line. It will be done from life.



So, if you get a chance, come by and see me painting this Saturday out on Main Street along with quite a few other artists. We'll be painting from 10 to 12 after which the paintings will be auctioned off.

No comments:

Post a Comment