Thursday, November 8, 2012

Sketchbook


I had to go in to AiPX the other day. Rather than drive, I rode the light rail so I could draw. Here are some of the results. It is fascinating how much more you see of people and things when you are drawing. I was only able to record a fraction of what I saw. I’m reminded of the Delacroix quote, “Any artist who cannot sketch a man falling from a fourth story window before he hits the ground is not worth his salt as an artist.” Drawing people in public demonstrates the truth of that statement, People move so much that if you don’t get it down fast, you probably won’t get it. Unless their sleeping. That’s my crutch. I do find that doing these drawings forces me to look faster, more completely and develop my visual memory.




No comments:

Post a Comment